Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First pair of Hand Warmers

Hi Knitters,



I'm so happy to tell you that I finally finished my first pair of hand warmers.  It was not as easy as I thought.  But, I DID IT!!!!  hohoho...

This is a pattern from Hand Knit Story.  I have mentioned this new book from Japan in the following entry:
http://eatinglemonknitknitknit.blogspot.com/2012/10/new-knitting-book.html

I really LOVE this book.  

Back to the hand warmers. The ribbing and cable parts were not difficult, just that you have to read through the whole pattern carefully.  I used US #6 (4.0mm) double pointed needles for this project.  And this time I chose Lion Brand Baby yarn, color No. 184, Melon.  In fact the skein was a left over.  I knitted a baby beanie with it and still...a lot was left.


The above pic shows how much has been left after knitting this pair of hand warmers.  Let me check the original yardage: 459

The hardest part for this project was, as many of your have experienced, knitting the thumb.  Picking-up was not easy.  I undid it once and tried again.  Still not 100% satisfied.  Maybe I should have try to knit a mitten or hand warmer with bigger size needles.  Anyway, I went through this journey and glad that I've learnt a good lesson.


Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment